Palisades School District Technology
Welcome to the Palisades School District Technology webpage.
Palisades School District uses technology as a tool to enhance the education of our students. From our Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program to our Cyber Academy, we strive to provide as many technology tools and learning opportunities to our students as possible while still being fiscally responsible.
To learn more about our Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program please click here
If you'd like to see what our Cyber Academy is about please click here
Currently the Technology Department is comprised of four Computer and Network Technicians, one A/V and Communications Technician, one Database Specialist and myself as the Director of Technology. We also have Technology Leader Teachers in all of our buildings that provide first level tech support as well as technology professional development through lunch and learn sessions, after school sessions, and in-service day sessions.
Our Technology Leader Teachers are an invaluable asset to the district and are working to become Google Certified Educators. This certification shows a proficiency in using Google Apps as well as Chromebooks. Here
is a presentation given to the school board of directors regarding some of our recent Google Certified Educators as well as the role of Technology Leader Teachers at Palisades.
For those interested in the nuts and bolts stuff, below are some of the current technologies used at Palisades:
- 1Gbps fiber optic connections between all buildings and to Intermediate Unit 22 to provide for statewide private WAN services and high speed Internet
- 500Mbps synchronous Internet speeds
- 1Gbps fiber optic LAN backbone with 1Gbps connections to end devices
- Wireless N networking throughout the district with a single administrative cloud based interface using Meraki wireless
- Over 1,800 end user devices to include PC laptops and desktops, Chromebooks, Android tablets, iPads, Thin Clients, and Macs
- 20 virtualized servers with multiple VMWare high availability hosts and a network RAID 10 iSCSI SAN
- Epson Brightlink interactive projectors
- Google Apps for Education and Office 365 accounts for all students and staff
- 3D printers at both our Middle School and High School
Thank you for visiting.