Welcome to S.E.P.T.A.Important Dates:
11/3 - Last day of Bookfair!
11/3 - School Store open lunch/recess. Item list & pricing
11/5 - Daylight Saving Time ends—turn your clock backward 1 hour & enjoy an extra hour of sleep!
11/6 - SEPTA Meeting, 7pm, Springfield Elementary Library. (Live-Streaming is currently not being offered.)
11/7 - School Holiday/Election Day
11/8 - EPS (Education Programs & Services) Mtg, 7pm, PHS Audion.
11/9 - Parent Teacher Conferences, 3:45pm
11/10 - Panther Pride Assembly, 9:30p, Springfield Elementary Gym. Parents welcome.
11/10 - SEPTA Movie Night: Boss Baby, 7pm, Springfield Elementary Gym, Free. Flier. Concessions under $2.
11/10 - Gertrude Hawk orders due
11/15 - Budget Presentations for 2017-18, 6pm, PHS Library, followed by,
11/15 - Regular School Board Meeting, 7pm, PHS Library
11/16 - Parent Teacher Conferences, 3:45pm
11/17 - School Store open lunch/recess. Item list & pricing
11/21 - Early Dismissal, 12:15pm, lunch served. Parent/Child Reunification Drills to occur prior to dismissal, Parent Teacher Conferences, afternoon & evening.
11-22 - Student Holiday, Parent Teacher Conferences
11/23-27 - Student Holiday, Thanksgiving.
12/1 - Chorus Concert, 2:30pm & 7pm, Springfield Gym
1/4 - Concert in the Round, ages 4-12. Flier
11/18-19, 24 & 27 - Thanksgiving Food Fight at DaVinci Center. Link
Peddler's Village events:http://www.peddlersvillage.com/events
11/4-5 - Apple Festival
11/10 - Holiday Kickoff
11/17-1/6 - Gingerbread Competition & Display
11/17 - Grand Illumination Celebration
11/4-5 - PA BaconFest. Link
Snack DaysThank you Corner
- A big thank you to SEPTA for purchases approved at the end of last year and completed at the beginning of this year. These items include: a mat for the Gaga pit, a bluetooth boom box for the gym classes, a headset microphone body pack for students to use in Operetta, a desk stand whiteboard for Mrs Musantry, headphones with microphones for the Title 1 classroom, small dry erase boards for the learning support and new kindergarten classrooms, an easel for kindergarten, Magnatab alphabet & number learning tools for kindergarten, iPad document camera stands for all regular and learning support classrooms with the accompanying adapters, a wooden play kitchen and toy register for the new kindergarten classroom, and a 3D printer & filament for the new Maker Lab being created.
- Thank you to the Springtown Community Volunteer Firefighters who came and talked with our children on Fire Prevention Day, 10/12.
- Thank you to Michele & Matt Carson for organizing the October Movie Night and to the volunteers who helped out during the event: Sarah & Adam Gappa, Amy O’Brien, Joy & Danika Shearer, Summer R & Harrison K! Thank you to the following people that helped out behind the scenes and/or donated baked goods: Dana Alkhas, Megan Fox, Leigh Feather, Jen Bauman, Kim Reilly ... and Bill & Jimmy, our amazing custodians. Thank you to everyone who came out!
- Thank you to all the homeroom parents for planning Halloween parties & to all the parents for sending/bringing goodies, creating goody bags, & planning crafts or games to make our children's parties fun & memorable.
- Thank you to Erin Schuback & Aimee Kenson for organizing the Scholastic Book Fair this week! Thank you also to all the parent volunteers: Aimee Kenson (book fair co-chair), Lynne Macort & Cohen Macort (volunteer and special help setting up book fair), Jolene Stephens, Lynda Ivory, Sarah Gappa, Barbara McAnally, Jocelyn Kilhefner, Suzanne Hershey, Cheryl Stevens, Dawn Baumgardner, Kim Reilly.Thank you to the our Teacher Readers on Family Night: Mrs. Crews, Ms. Borzok, Mrs. Saxton, Mrs.Rabi & Mrs. Scholl. Thank you to Dale, Jimmy, & Bill, (our 3 custodians), And of course Mr. Davis, Mrs. Burns, all Title 1 teachers. Thank you to everyone who bought books and to everyone who attended Family Night!
- Thank you to Lynne Macort for handling advertising for our Student Directory and for helping to proofread & produce it. Thank you to Lyla Cookson for organizing the information & producing it.
Mark Your Calendars For 2017-2018 SEPTA Events!!!!Information Night: September 7th 6-7:30
- Thank you to everyone who has bought soft pretzels on Fridays to support the 5th Grade Field Trips, they're already halfway to their goal!
Movie Nights: October 13, November 10, December 15, January 12, February 9, March 9 and April 13 (5th grade only)
Book Fair: `October 30th- November 3rd
Fall Bingo: November 17
Barnes & Noble Night: December 8
Santa Shop: December 4th-6th
Dodgeball: January 26 and snow date of February 2
Mother/Son Bowling: February 23
Spring Bingo: March 23
Me & My Guy Dance: April 6
Spring Bookfair: April 23th-27th
Color Run: May 19thClearances to Volunteer:
As a volunteer in Palisades schools, the following clearances will be required:
- Act 24 - Arrest and Conviction Form - FREE
- Act 34 - Criminal History Check - FREE FOR VOLUNTEERS (check the box)
- Act 151 - Child Abuse Clearance - FREE FOR VOLUNTEERS (check the box)
Clearances must be re-submitted every 5 years.
Follow this link for the clearance forms.
Act 114 - Fingerprints will NOT be required to volunteer in Palisades schools as long as you have lived in Pennsylvania for the last 10 years. A waiver (available at the above link) will need to be notarized & submitted which attests to the fact that you have lived in PA for the last 10 years in order to be exempt from submitting fingerprints. All clearances should be forwarded to our District Office, 39 Thomas Free Drive, Kintnersville, PA 18930, Attention: Susan KeoghA Warm SEPTA Welcome!!!!
We would like to welcome all new students and parents into Springfield. Please feel free to contact any of us if you would like to get involved, or if you just want to chat.
Please welcome our new staff members:
Aleica Deterville - Spanish
Eric Morris - Elementary Band Director
Barbara Schilling - Kindergarten Instructional Assistant
Polly Manchester - Instructional Assistant
Jeannine Lodwig - Long-Term Sub Instructional AssistantVolunteerism is what we're all about -- there is something for everyone. If we all do a little it adds up to a lot. Have a question or topic suggestion for a future meeting? Want to volunteer your time? Please email S.E.P.T.A. at email@example.com
2015/2016 S.E.P.T.A. Officers:
President: Jill Triani
firstname.lastname@example.orgVice President: Tamara RamboTreasurer: Lyla CooksonSecretary: Erin Schubackerinschuback1978@gmail.comS.E.P.T.A. is a local organization of parents & teachers that promotes the welfare of children in the home, at school & in the community. It raises funds for many school needs that are over and above what are available through standard school funding.
In addition to fundraising efforts, S.E.P.T.A. hosts many fun and enriching activities, such as: Assemblies, Book Fairs, Ice-Cream Socials & a Family Fun Day at Dorney Park. Please check out our Activities & Events link to the left for a more complete list of the things we do.
NOTE: This organization operates independently from the Palisades School District. The Palisades School District does not monitor these pages and is not responsible for the content therein. Questions regarding the content of this page should be directed to the President of this organization.