Dr. Bridget O'Connell, Superintendent39 Thomas Free Drive
Welcome to the 2017-18 School Year at Palisades School District!
Dear Palisades Community Members and Students:
I want to extend a warm welcome back to all of our current students, faculty, and staff and a sincere greeting and welcome to our new students, faculty, and staff. I am looking forward to working with all of you to make the 2017-18 school year a productive and meaningful educational experience for everyone!
This year, we continue to honor our community and the partners we have developed throughout my tenure as Superintendent of the Palisades School District. It is through these relationships with individuals, groups, and organizations, that our district is able to extend our curricular offerings, support our students and provide additional engaging experiences for our students and staff.
The opportunities afforded via these connections may be experienced by participating in a Volunteer Service Experience which enhances our students’ academic and extra-curricular programs at Palisades, or it may be simply by learning more about the many organizations locally, regionally and nationally which support the needs of families and others every day. The relationships we have with our partners are truly valued and provide varied options for students to explore.
Our district benefits from relationships with local, regional and national organizations; here are just a few:
- Our own Palisades Community Foundation which serves the community by raising funds to provide scholarships for students who need assistance paying for summer school and recreation programs, college course offerings or other extra-curricular educational opportunities.
- The United Way which has supported our students with school supplies with their Stuff the Bus Campaign; food with their Bucks Knocks Out Hunger; and many other services through the funds they generate to meet the needs of senior citizens, pre-school aged children and others.
- The Red Cross which serves families when disaster strikes by providing food, shelter or blood donations.
- The Springfield Township Lions and other local charitable groups and individuals who continue to support students and families through their work and fundraising efforts.
- Our local sports organizations which encourage and develop our student-athletes of the future.
As an important part of our district’s Comprehensive Plan, orchestrating volunteer service opportunities for our students fosters experiences which round out their educational and learning objectives while introducing new interests to our youth. These relationships are mutually beneficial and important for all who reside and work at Palisades.
If you are interested in helping us develop additional volunteer partnerships for our students, please feel free to contact any one of our administrators or building principals. Together we can continue our mission of “inspiring to lead and preparing our students to succeed” while encouraging long-lasting relationships that continue to strengthen our community.
Dr. Bridget O’Connell, SuperintendentTo view the job responsibilities of the Palisades Superintendent, click here