The Palisades School District is committed to providing a healthy, safe, and positive learning environment for all students. The goal of this procedure is to provide students guidance in reporting inappropriate behaviors such as bullying and harassment.
Students should always report a bullying or harassment incident to a teacher, counselor, principal or any other school official as soon as possible, specifically within 5 days of the incident.
Bullying implies an imbalance of power or strength and means an intentional electronic, written, verbal or physical series of acts directed at another student or students, which occurs in a school setting that is persistent or pervasive and has the effect of doing any of the following:
1. Interference with a student’s education.
2. Creation of a threatening environment.
3. Disruption of the orderly operation of the school.
Bullying as defined in this policy, includes cyberbullying
(Board Policy 249)
Harassment shall consist of verbal, written, graphic or physical conduct relating to an individual’s race, color, national origin/ethnicity, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion when such conduct:
1. Is sufficiently severe, persistent or pervasive that it affects an individual’s ability to participate in or benefit from an educational program or activity or creates an intimidating, threatening or abusive educational environment.
2. Has the purpose or effect of substantially or unreasonably interfering with an individual’s academic performance.
3. Otherwise adversely affects an individual’s learning opportunities.
(Board Policy 248)
Please click on the link below to report a bullying or harassment incident at Springfield Elementary School. It may be beneficial for a parent/guardian to help their child complete the form.