BUS STOP PROCEDURES:
1. All students are expected to arrive at the prescribed bus stop at least five (5) minutes ahead of the posted stop time. The student should stand ten feet (10) feet back from the roadway, wait for the bus to come to a complete stop and watch for the driver’s signal that it is safe to board the bus. Students must be visible to the driver or the bus will not stop and the bus cannot wait on the roadway for tardy students.
2. Each student must use his/her assigned bus stop determined by his/her legal residence. Exceptions may be made for childcare purposes and in co-parenting situations through the school office and with the approval of the transportation director. Any student intending to board a bus other than his/her assigned bus must obtain a bus pass from the office at school in advance of boarding or transportation will be denied. (More detailed information available on request)
4. Parents are responsible for the safety of their children while going to or from the bus stop and when waiting at the bus stop before boarding the school bus and resume responsibility when the student is discharged from the school bus.
5. Questions regarding bus stops/procedures should be directed to the transportation director.
BUS CONDUCT: School Rules Apply!! The bus is not a rolling playground.
1. Follow the instructions of the driver.
2. Do not eat, drink, or smoke on the bus.
3. Use appropriate and respectful language and behavior.
4. Keep the noise level down and remain seated facing forward at all times.
5. Keep head, hands, feet and all other objects inside the bus.
CONSEQUENCES OF INAPPROPRIATE BUS CONDUCT:
Infractions occurring on the bus will be reported to the Principal of the school and appropriate disciplinary action will be taken. This action may consist of, but not be limited to, verbal warnings, in-school and after-school detentions, temporary suspension of transportation privileges and, in the case of severe or recurring problems, permanent suspension of bus privileges.
Questions, Concerns, and Information: