Students in grades 4--5 have the opportunity each day beginning 9/6 to purchase snacks in the cafeteria after they have finished their lunches. Beginning on October 3rd students in Grades 1-3 will also be offered the opportunity to purchase snacks, but on the schedule listed below. Children may bring cash to purchase snacks or use money out of their food service account. There is onlyone lunch account this year, so if you do not want you child buying snack please send in a note. Items for purchase vary in price from 25 cents to $1. Items typically offered include:
25 cent items: sunflower seeds, goldfish
50 cent items: smoothies, parfaits, pudding cups, fresh fruit, G-force bars, soft pretzels
55 cent items: bagged snacks (like chips & popcorn)
75 cent items: small water, ice cream
$1.25 items: fruit pockets, large water
Grades 1-3 Class Snack Schedule (beginning 10/1)
Miss Saxton - Day 1
Mr. Fayne - Day 2
Mrs. Muck - Day 3
Ms. Borzok- Day 4
Mrs. Rabi - Day 5
Thank you Corner
- Thank you to Mario Sclama, grandfather of William Zaleski, for running our school store this year!
- Thank you to the Springtown Community Volunteer Firefighters who came and talked with our children on Fire Prevention Day, 10/13.
- Thank you to Michele & Matt Carson for organizing the October Movie Night and to the volunteers who helped out during the event: Amy & Justin O’Brien, Amy & Josh Knecht, Joy & Danika Shearer, Alicia Fox, Sarah & Adam Gappa, Kim Reilly, & Mr. Davis! Thank you to the following people that helped out behind the scenes and/or donated baked goods: Sarah Gappa, Emily French, Kim Reilly, Moira Hower, Lynne Macort, Lyla Cookson, and Bill & Jimmy, our amazing custodians. Thank you to everyone who came out! Congratulations to Mrs. Shearer for winning the first Movie Night raffle basket that included The Angry Birds Movie & some movie treats
- Thank you to all the homeroom parents for planning Halloween parties & to all the parents for sending/bringing goodies, creating goody bags, & planning crafts or games to make our children's parties fun & memorable.
- Thank you to Erin Schuback & Tessa Palmer for organizing the Scholastic Book Fairthis week! Thank you also to all the parent volunteers: Kim Reilly, Cheryl Stevens, Suzanne Hershey, Sarah Gappa, Lynda Ivory, Lynne Macort, Christina Crews, Jen Keller, Lynn Gammello, Michele Carson, Jocelyn Kilhefner & Melissa Hoffmanwho ran the book fair throughout the day each day. Thank you to Kim Reilly for coordinating the poster raffle. Thank you to the our Teacher Readers on Family Night: Mrs Rabi, Ms Borzak, Mrs Long, Mrs Butler, Mrs Barnowsky, Ms Saxton, Mrs Scholl, Mrs Crews & Mrs Muck. Thank you to Dale, Jimmy, & Bill, (our 3 custodians), Mrs. McKenney & all Title 1 teachers & Mrs. Burns, our secretary for all of their support. Thank you to our bakers for Family Night goodies: Lynne Macort, Christina Crews, Kim Reilly, Michelle Toth & Emily French. Thank you to everyone who bought books and to everyone who attended Family Night!
- Thank you to Lynne Macort for handling advertising for our Student Directory and for helping to proofread & produce it. Thank you to Lyla Cookson for organizing the information & producing it.
- Thank you to everyone who has bought soft pretzels on Fridays to support the 5th Grade Field Trips, they're already halfway to their goal!
Mark Your Calendars For This Years SEPTA Events!!!!
Info Night: 9/8
Family Fun Run: 10/1
Movie Nights: 10/21, 11/11, 12/16, 1/13, 2/10, 3/10, 4/28
Fall Bingo: 11/18
Barnes & Noble Night: 12/9
Santa Shop: 12/5-12/7
Mother/Son Bowling: 2/3
Winter Bingo: 3/24
Me & My Guy Dance: 4/7
Clearances to Volunteer:
As a volunteer in Palisades schools, the following clearances will be required:
- Act 24 - Arrest and Conviction Form - FREE
- Act 34 - Criminal History Check - FREE FOR VOLUNTEERS (check the box)
- Act 151 - Child Abuse Clearance - FREE FOR VOLUNTEERS (check the box)
Clearances must be re-submitted every 5 years.
Follow this link for the clearance forms.
Act 114 - Fingerprints will NOT be required to volunteer in Palisades schools as long as you have lived in Pennsylvania for the last 10 years. A waiver (available at the above link) will need to be notarized & submitted which attests to the fact that you have lived in PA for the last 10 years in order to be exempt from submitting fingerprints. All clearances should be forwarded to our District Office, 39 Thomas Free Drive, Kintnersville, PA 18930, Attention: Susan Keogh
A Warm SEPTA Welcome!!!!
We would like to welcome all new students and parents into Springfield. Please feel free to contact any of us if you would like to get involved, or if you just want to chat.
Volunteerism is what we're all about -- there is something for everyone. If we all do a little it adds up to a lot. Have a question or topic suggestion for a future meeting? Want to volunteer your time? Please email S.E.P.T.A. at firstname.lastname@example.org
2015/2016 S.E.P.T.A. Officers:
Vice President: Tamara Rambo
Secretary: Jen Keller
S.E.P.T.A. is a local organization of parents & teachers that promotes the welfare of children in the home, at school & in the community. It raises funds for many school needs that are over and above what are available through standard school funding.
In addition to fundraising efforts, S.E.P.T.A. hosts many fun and enriching activities, such as: Assemblies, Book Fairs, Ice-Cream Socials & a Family Fun Day at Dorney Park. Please check out our Activities & Events link to the left for a more complete list of the things we do.
NOTE: This organization operates independently from the Palisades School District. The Palisades School District does not monitor these pages and is not responsible for the content therein. Questions regarding the content of this page should be directed to the President of this organization.