| Revving up Your Resume |
All students are required to have a resume as part of their graduation portfolio requirement. The components of an effective resume include:
- Identifying Information – full name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail and fax addresses if appropriate.
- Employment Objective – a specific description of the kind of job sought.
- Education – school name, date of graduation, special recognition for projects, awards received.
- Skills – a list of specific skills and abilities you can bring to job you seek.
- Organizations – membership in clubs or organizations and any leadership positions held.
- Work Experience – a description of jobs held, names of employers, job titles, dates employed, duties performed.
- Personal Interests – a list of hobbies or interests that might give a more rounded picture of you.
- References – a list of references and their phone numbers you can give the employer. Be sure that you have requested permission before using a person as a reference.