| Steps in Preparing for Your Career
- What are your interests?
- What skills have you developed?
- What do you do best?
- Do you like working with people, things, or ideas?
- What subjects interest you?
Explore Career Possibilities
- Read about careers in trade journals and magazines.
- Explore summer or part-time employment in your area of interest.
- Consider volunteering if paid employment is not available.
- Interview people who hold a job in which you are interested.
Inform Yourself About the Career
- What qualifications are required?
- What type of education and training is required to enter the field?
- Is there opportunity for professional growth? What is the career path?
- Are jobs available in the field now? What is the projected growth in this area in the future?